Friday, February 17, 2012

Wishlist...checked!

If you read my post about The Wicked here, you knew that I put this play on my wishlist. I couldn't believe just a year after that they have the show in Singapore. And I wouldn't miss it for the world! My husband is very kind he let me go for a short trip. He couldn't take a leave at his office, but I also knew he is not into it, hi hi hi! I still remembered on our honeymoon I booked a ticket to watch Lion King but he wasn't impressed. But me, on the other hand, would like to have someone whom I can share my excitement with, so... I asked my former costume history teacher, Anna Mastromattei, A nice, smart, inspiring Italian lady who lives in Singapore. Of course, it turned out to be so perfect. She and I enjoyed discussing the costume afterwards, and it was amazing that the costume designer took the inspiration from many different eras. I spotted the Medieval element on it, the flamboyant and decorated Gothic, also from the Victorian and Edwardian era. So much fun. The story was perfect too. The cast were excellent. The lighting was dramatic. The colors of the stage, the costume and again the lighting changed my mood every minute. The songs?  wow...hypnotizing. So I believe...if you wish something so bad, it will come to you eventually. Like my favorite quote (from Paulo Coelho)," If you want something, the universe will conspire to help you!" Go and watch now, the shows end on April

No comments: