Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tin Soldier and paper Ballerina: inspirational pictures

click here
Seeing my Schedule, these two months is going to be very busy. I will be  working for 6 birthday party(ies) one exhibition and magazine's shoot, so really...I have to focus and calm my self:") not to mention holiday is ending and  have to start teaching. I also need to find some staffs that can help me at the three days exhibition, magazines shoots and also a partner to help me with the social media and marketing. BIG homework for me. But hey I get so excited with the upcoming shindigs/part(ies) because my customers are all agree and support me with non characters party. One of them is Tin Soldier and paper ballerina. It is a classic story from my favorite author Hans Christian Andersen. The story goes like this,

On his birthday, a boy receives a set of 25 toy soldiers and arrays them on a table top. One soldier stands on a single leg, having been the last one cast from an old tin spoon. Nearby, he spies a paper ballerina with a spangle on her sash. She too is standing on one leg and the soldier falls in love. That night, a troll among the toys angrily warns the soldier to take his eyes off the ballerina, but the soldier ignores him. The next day, the soldier falls from a windowsill (presumably the work of the troll) and lands in the street. Two boys find the soldier, place him in a paper boat, and set him sailing in the gutter. The boat and its passenger wash into a storm drain, where a rat demands the soldier pay a toll. Sailing on, the boat is washed into a canal, where the tin soldier is swallowed by a fish. When the fish is caught and cut open, the tin soldier finds himself once again on the table top before the ballerina. Inexplicably, a boy throws the tin soldier into the fire. A wind blows the ballerina into the fire with him; she is consumed at once but her spangle remains. The tin soldier melts into the shape of a heart.

Thanks to my sister who inspired me with this story





click here

  image from here
click here
click here

click here





 peach dessert table from here



No comments: