Sunday, June 5, 2011

Art and Toys party



I ordered colorful cupcakes to match the colors' theme and bought cupcakes cakes with black and white pattern on it. I put the cupcakes on top of the separate stacking block and served as a pedestal

I didn't bring the back drop so I tried to find a decent background and add balloon stream in the middle. It was not perfect but at least it creates height on the table

The splash patterns support the theme, and use black and white stripe menu tent to emphasize

Add caption


Almost clueless, I suddenly had an idea to put the cutouts letters from the activities table and had them glued to the toppers. It creates a 2D effects.

The bday cake was so neat and it complimented the theme perfectly

The Cookies was in the shape of color palettes

I really like the idea of presenting colorful theme with a black and white stripe because for me it is not easy to work with many colors. It needs careful planning to choose the right combination, and try not to overdo


The hand stamp stickers with colorful wording also lined with black and white

I printed an empty topper and glued the felt pieces later


For the activity I used drawstring bags made of canvas, and children can make their own

I also prepared finger printing activities but I think the guests was too young

The glue and felt decoration were put separately in a bowl, the first bowl filled with letters, the second is for ice cream shaped like a single scoop, and it has pink (strawberry), cream(vanilla), green (green tea) and brown (cappuccino) and the third one is for toppings. It has mini apples, cherry and sprinkles. This activity was a hit of the party, children like it and what make me more satisfied was that a mom and her child team up to create the bag. For the children who did som drawings earlier,  I heat transferred their drawings using iron. So in one side of the bag they have felt decoration with ice cream and topping, the other side they have their drawings. These bags were also served as a favor bag!


If they prefer to paint, I have shaped spons and some other unique painting tools




I added a little decoration that I thought would be perfect for a windy weather. I used lampion and ribbon streamers. the ribbon were dancing in the wind:)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the activities ideas.. Very original!